Sharing a few cards

I have been busy with a few challenges with Splitcoast Stampers that were focused on pine trees and pine cones. I submitted these to the Double D Challenge from the posts at SCS. I thought I would share these here.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/3013770?&cat=500&ppuser=301308
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/3013775?&cat=500&ppuser=301308

I linked those photos to my gallery at SCS. The Peace card was created for a Faith challenge and I shared a quite a bit about the photo at that link. The Thanksgiving card was created with all Stamps of Life products. The paper is Gina K and SU along with the inks used on the pinecone.

Following are a few other photos that I made recently. We had a birthday, I worked on a Christmas card, and a card with dogs for a young man.

Birthday card

This card is my husband’s birthday card. He really liked it as it is all about guitars. These are acoustic and are not usually colored, but I needed the spread of color and it worked. All were fussy cut.

Christmas Ornaments

I have new product that I wanted to play with. This is a Spellbinders die and stamp set. I followed an idea on the Spellbinders blog using supplies that I had on hand. I didn’t have silver foil paper, so I made my own. I took a small piece of gray cardstock, swiped Versamark ink, then silver embossing powder. I used two layers of the ink and embossing powder to make it thick and look more silvery. It is not as shiny as foil, but for giving this idea try, I think it works. Since then, I purchased silver foil. I will try this card again soon. I pulled the colored paper for the ornaments from my large stash of scraps.

Doggy card front
Doggy card inside

This doggy card went to a 7 year old boy who had a surgery then got an infection which went septic. His aunt requested a card and he loves dogs, so I got busy with my doggy stamps and dies. The outside part is from a Stephanie Bernard/Sizzix set. It is retired but Stephanie is selling the Sizzix product still remaining in her warehouse on Amazon and the price was right, so I picked it up. I think every piece of this card came from my large scrap pile. That makes me happy to find uses for the pieces in that never ending pile.

Thanks for reading this long post. These were not made in the same day, but over one to two weeks.

Hearts and Flowers

I made several of these for the girls in our Rainbow Assembly to deliver to patients in a small memory care facility. The girls were supposed to assemble the pieces I had cut for them, but unfortunately the meeting was cancelled because of the weather. Since we would not have a meeting before they were to be delivered, I assembled them. The die cut hearts are by Spellbinders. I used the Petite Flourish background stamp by Gina K Designs stamped in Red Velvet ink on the scalloped heart. The sentiment is from Geo Thanks by Claire Brennan for Gina K. Designs. The roses are die cut from the Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit for January. They were cut from red cardstock and highlighted with white pigment ink and white pencil. Then I used green cardstock to cut the rosebud and the stem. I trimmed just the rosebud from the red cardstock and glued it over the rosebud cut with green cardstock. The rosebud coloring and assembly was inspired by Jennifer McGuire’s blog post and video here.  I am terrible at tying bows, even with a bow maker, so I used a mini bow die from Divinity Designs. I cut it with red cardstock and glued it together and it was the perfect size. Taking a large, thick needle, I punched a small hole at the top of the heart and used gold cord, also from Gina K Designs for a hanger. I had a lot of fun doing these and was really pleased with how they turned out. Hearts are really the thing right now and this works for these challenges:

Mod Squad – You’re All Heart

Cuttlebug Mania – With All My Heart

Dies R Us – Hearts, Love, Valentines

Double D – Hearts

JUGS – Put a Bow On It

Simon Says With Love

Die Cut Divas

Stenciled Sympathy

I have needed way too many sympathy cards lately. Dusty Rose card base. The stenciled panel was cut with Spellbinders Matting Basics B6, stenciled with Rounded Swirl in Skeleton Leaves ink. The mat is Wild Lilac cut with Matting Basics A6. I used a Spellbinders Oval, matte with Inverted Scallop in Grass Green. The flowers and leaves are from Stippled Leaves by Gina K Designs. I used Copics R81, R83, R85, YG00, YG05, YG17. The sentiment is also from Stippled Flowers, stamped in Jet Black.