I pulled out a beloved flowers stamp to work on the Retro Rubber Challenge for May.
I used the SU Stipple Hydrangea, dated 2001; I found it retired in 2004. Mine is still on wood block, so I placed a corner from an old stamp positioner, into my MISTI and was able to keep the block steady when removing it, reinking and stamping again. I had messed up a couple of times before using this idea that I saw on Split Coast Stampers several month’s ago. I inked the flower portion in Highland Heather and the leaves in Pear Pizzazz. The paper is Pear Pizzazz and Naturals White, by Stampin Up. The sentiment is from Hero Arts, Happiness Messages. I have had this set for several years and really have no idea when I got it, but found the copyright of 2008 on the back of the package. Yes, I store it with the original package cardboard. The sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I enjoyed using this beloved stamp. It was a favorite of my MIL and she has been gone for 5 years and can’t remember stamping it for anyone else recently. Thanks for the fun challenge and the inspiration to look for an older flower stamp.
I have been creating many flowers this week, but when I finally got crafty with this card, I chose other flowers.
I made my check list for this challenge. 1) flowers — I chose to use SU Bloom with Hope set. It was a hostess set, found in my Mother’s Crafting Supplies. 2.) die cut — I used the Square Rectangles dies from The Stamps of Life. 3) Ribbon — I found some red Grosgrain ribbon from my Mother’s collection. 4) patterned paper — I used Petal Passion SU DSP, also from Mom. 5) shiny — I found some gold twine in my stash. The cardstock used is SU Basic Black, SU Real Red, and Hobby Lobby Heavy Weight White. I saw this idea for this gatefold card on Sharon Armstrong’s blog. I changed it a little bit to work for my completed square, but her general cutting and scoring dimensions worked.
I enjoyed creating this card. It was a nice trip down memory lane remembering Mom and all of her supplies that are still in great condition. Now I need to think of someone special to send this card to.
This week’s challenge is to make a one-layer card. I often create my card on a piece of paper the same size as the card base and place them together using my MISTI. Here is the link: http://modsquadchallenge.com/layer-me-not/
The stamp set used is a mini-set from Gina K Designs, You Make me Smile. I colored the image using Spectrum Noir Tri-color blends: Coral Blend, Citrus Blend, Citrus Green Blend. I used a BG10, Cool Shadow Copic marker to trace around the flower. I added border lines to ground the flower, using a Tombow marker and a t-square ruler. I added sequins. You will also find this card on Split Coast Stampers in the Dare to Get Dirty challenge.
The above card is a small 3 X 3 inch card. I think it would work well for placing with a gift.
This card has a piece of patterned paper for the background that has gold foil dots in it. I think the cactus works well with this paper. The cactus stamps are from a Lawn Fawn set called Stuck on You.
This challenge was a color challenge: Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Gorgeous Grape. I used a Sizzix embossing folder that was new, a stamp set from SU that was new, and a sentiment from Gina K Designs that I have used many times before. I enjoy color challenges.
There are three more cards I will post soon that were completed for the Virtual Stamp Night. Thanks for looking.
I used the Elegant Asters stamp set and dies, filler from Something Good, and the sentiment from Stippled Blossoms, all by Gina K Designs. I stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, on Gina K layering white paper, colored with Spectrum Noir and Copic markers. I layered with black paper from Hobby Lobby and my card base is Primrose Petals cardstock from SU, retired.
I used the Sentimental Bouquet set and dies, from Gina K Designs, to create the flowers and sentiment for this card. I blended a couple of light brown tones on the brick stencil using a make up blending brush; thanks Bonnie. I blended SU Soft Sky ink for the sky using the same blending brush. I popped up a few flowers and leaves on the brick wall. I added a bit of bling to the center of the flowers and called it done.
I love color challenges and played along with one from Split Coast Stampers.
I used the stamp set Flutter By from Lawn Fawn. The ink colors are Mango Melody, Poppy Parade, and Call Me Clover, all SU colors. I used these colors with a blender pen. This is the first time I used this stamp set. It is a nice set with a lot of possibilities, so you will see it again hopefully soon.
This lesson was about watercoloring the image. I chose a Unity set called God is Love. I masked the flower image each time I stamped another flower. Ink colors used: SU Flirty Flamingo, Grapefruit Grove, Berry Burst, Tombow 451-Sky Blue, 055-Process Yellow. The final detail I was to add sparkle to the flowers using a Crafter’s Companion clear Sparkle pen.
This is my second card to post to March ginakdesigns challenge. I used the Wreath Builder for placement of the large flowers, the flourish, and the leaves.
Stamp sets: Frame and Flowers 1 (large flower), Sending Love (flourish bud), Stippled Flowers (leaves), Birthday Blessings (sentiment, cut apart to stack). The Darice Vine embossing folder was used to add texture to the card base. The card base is SU Sky Blue and is a 5 inch square. I rounded one corner to give a bit of interest. This card is very sparkly as I used a sparkle pen to add a bit of shimmer. Here is the link for the challenge: https://www.ginakdesigns.com/2019/03/01/flower-power-our-march-month-mix-challenge/