Friend Leaves

Odd title…I think I am sorry a friend is leaving. That is not what this is about. This card is all about leaves that are falling in our yards this time of year. Our leaves have not turned color, yet, but some are falling.

I posted a card yesterday using leaves cut from backgrounds I made with the Polished Stone Technique. I had several leaves cut, so today I was inspired to continue creating with these leaves. I used Crumb Cake cardstock for the base and embossed layer. The background was embossed with the Darice Fall Leaves Swirl EF. The leaves are from the Gina K Designs Stitches Leaves stamp set with matching dies. I embossed the leaves with gold embossing powder. I chose the Hello Friend greeting from a Paper Pumpkin July 2019 kit called On My Mind. I added gold foil to the greeting and embossed layer, which I think really helped bring all of the gold together.

I enjoyed creating this card. I was wanting to continue using those leaves and this came together so easily. This card will also be added to the Double Trouble Paper Crafting use a die or punch. This card uses only dies for this challenge so I posted Thing 1’s badge.


I remember the 80’s. I graduated HS in the 80’s, graduated from two colleges in the 80’s, and started my first job away from home in the 80’s. The Retro Rubber Challenge is all about the 80’s. I remember a lot of music from those years. Music was on the radio and at home, usually on a cassette player. I will also include Can You Handle the Pressure as I embossed the background with stars.

I went with the cassette theme using the Beboppin set from Paper Smooches, 2013. It has the 80’s vibe with the colors and the cassette tapes. The challenge says to use 3 of these colors: Mauve, Pink, Blue, Grey, or Tan. I used all of the colors. The palette in the early 80’s had more pastel shades of these color and in the late 80’s it turned to neon colors. My colors are bright but not neon.

I enjoyed my trip down memory lane. I do not remember the using the word gnarly, though. Thanks for spending time with me.

Snoopy eating a Treat

Summertime is the perfect time for an ice cream treat. Snoopy and Woodstock seem to agree.

I used a Stampabilities set called Snoopy Eating Ice Cream, which is the perfect name. I added a piece of Echo Park patterned paper to add more color; it is a popsicle print. The embossing folder is The Paper Studio A2 Quatrefoil, which I think looks like the ice cream cone pattern. This was a fun card to create. Sometimes I like to color an image that I haven’t colored in a long time. I think it has been a few years. The greeting is from Lawn Fawn, Simply Summer Greetings.

Enjoy Every Moment

I had time to create a card for Can You Handle the Pressure?

I used the long ago retired SU Elegant Bouquet embossing folder. Then I added a butterfly which I stenciled and die cut with the Gina K Designs Fluttering Fall layering stencil bundle. The inks used with the butterfly are Lawn Fawn. The stamp with the greeting is Hero Arts. I added gems from my stash of retired SU product. I mounted the card on Turquoise Sea cardstock from Gina K Designs.

I like the butterfly. This is the first time I have used the bundle that I received in April. I hope to have time to create more butterflies and possibly use the stamps that came in the bundle.

Blue Bird

I saw the current Can You Handle the Pressure challenge and knew I had to create a card.

I love watching birds and coloring birds. I used the SU Friendly Hello set for the focal image. The embossing folder is also SU, possibly called Layered Leaves. I colored the images with Spectrum Noir markers. The oval dies are a combination of SU and Gina K Designs. I chose not to add a greeting to the front. I will place something inside when I am ready to send the card.

Wall of Succulents

I have been wanting to create with my newest succulent dies for a few weeks. Today I was inspired!

The succulents are made with Lawn Fawn plant-a-succulent die set. I made these over the last several weeks and they were sitting in an bowl waiting to be used. I needed the slimline size to fit the three groupings with different faces together. This means my brick embossing folder would not fit, so I had to run it through 2 times trying to line up the bricks. I was close but the recipient will not notice. The greeting came from a Power Poppy set called Sassy Succulents. I placed a strip of Kraft between the bricks and the sky. I like this card. I am considering sending this as a birthday/retirement card.

Pastel Embossing

I decided to emboss flowers today.

I chose the Country Floral embossing folder by Stampin Up to emboss and color. It is a 3D folder so it has a lot of dimension. I embossed on Ranger Watercolor Paper, then proceeded to add color. I used Gina K Designs ink with a blender brush. I did come back and add a bit more color with pencils taking the pigment directly from the pencil with water. I chose a sentiment from Stippled Flowers from Gina K Designs. I added a bit of ribbon and a few gems.

I found my inspiration for the colors by searching the folder on Google. I found a SU demonstrator who shared exactly which colors she used and the card recipe. Her name is Cindy. Thank you Cindy for the inspiration and helpful blog post.

Letters Hello

I put my thinking cap on to create a card for Gina K Designs March challenge.

The envelopes came from Timeless Beauty, cut out with matching dies. The word hello came from Skeleton Leaves. The greeting came from Anemone Wishes. I colored the envelopes with Copic markers in an array of colors, like the envelopes Gina K sells in her shop. I found an embossing folder to give texture to the cardstock. I made an A2 sized card. This was a fun challenge. I haven’t made a border with die cut images before, so this a enjoyable.